Partial wear caused by deviation of belt conveyor
20th October 2020
For the belt conveyor, the conveyor belt occupies a very important position. It is both a traction member and a bearing member, and it is expensive, accounting for about 30% to 50% of the entire belt conveyor cost. Once the conveyor belt becomes thinner due to wear and tear, there will be failures such as reduced strength, shortened life, and belt deviation. The editor has analyzed the reasons for the wear between the feed chute and the conveyor belt, and the reasons for the wear between the reversing roller and the conveyor belt, and put forward some maintenance measures based on the actual production. Today, the editor will talk to you about the local wear caused by the deviation of the conveyor belt and put forward some maintenance measures based on the actual production.
Conveyor belt deviation is a common fault of conveyors, which mainly refers to the deviation of the centerline of the conveyor belt from the longitudinal centerline of the conveyor when the conveyor is running. The root cause of the deviation of the conveyor belt is that the inclined rollers on both sides of the belt conveyor generate lateral force when they contact the conveyor belt. When the lateral forces on both sides are not equal, the conveyor belt will deviate, which is mainly manifested as The following points:
1. The center lines of the conveyor head and tail rollers are not parallel, so that the tightness of the two sides of the conveyor belt is inconsistent, and the conveyor belt moves to the tight side;
2. The quality problems of the conveyor belt itself (such as uneven elongation, uneven bending, etc.), as well as serious wear on the edge of the belt, will cause the tension on both sides of the conveyor belt to be inconsistent and cause deviation;
3. The joint of the conveyor belt is not correct;
4. Improper installation of the idler rollers, exerting a deflection force on the conveyor belt;
5. Improper feeding of the conveyor belt, resulting in uneven force on the conveyor belt and deviation;
6. The roller sticks to the material, which causes a local change in the radius of the roller, which causes the conveyor belt to shift laterally.
In view of the various forms of deviation of the conveyor belt, Mingcheng summarized the rules for everyone: the conveyor belt runs tight while not running loose; running high and not low; after running, not running forward.
Conveyor belt maintenance measures to prevent local wear caused by deviation
1. The head and tail rollers are not parallel, and there is a phenomenon of tight but not loose. If the center line of the entire conveyor is offset, it must be re-calibrated and centered; if it is only slightly off, the bearing seat on the tight side can be tightened. However, this method can only adjust a small offset. For large offsets, the tail roller can be installed on the movable trolley, and the deviation can be corrected by adjusting the trolley.
2. Due to the uneven bending of the conveyor belt or the improper joints, the conveyor belt is not evenly stressed, causing deviation. The conveyor belt should be cut straight and re-glued or nailed.
3. The axis of the roller group is not perpendicular to the center line of the conveyor belt, which causes the conveyor belt to run away from the front after running, that is, the conveyor belt runs backwards (opposite to the running direction of the conveyor belt). The adjustment method is which side to shift, Deflection of which side of the roller is 2°~4° in the forward direction of the conveyor belt. Generally, it is necessary to adjust several rollers to correct the deviation.