Analysis of roller conveyor classification and tra
25th February 2021
The principle of the roller conveyor and how to drive it? The roller conveyor manufacturer will introduce to you in detail today. The roller conveyor is a continuous conveying equipment with several rollers arranged between the frames on both sides. It is mainly used for the conveyor with Items with a certain regular shape or flat bottom, such as boxes, pallets, etc. Roller conveyors are divided into non-powered roller conveyors and powered roller conveyors (rollers).
1. Unpowered roller conveyor: The surface composed of several rollers or rollers arranged between the frames can be made horizontal, relying on human power to push the goods for conveying; it can also be made to have a small downward inclination angle, so that the goods rely on their own Gravity splits forces in the conveying direction and conveys itself.
2. Power roller conveyor: drive all or part of the rollers arranged between the frames with a driving device, and rely on the friction between the rollers and the conveyed items to complete the conveying function.
Structural characteristics of roller conveyor
1. Flexible layout: with straight, turning, inclined transmission lines, various forms of transmission lines such as branching and merging can be formed according to needs, and the transmission lines are easy to close.
2. The connection method is simple and compact: the lifting platform can be used to supplement the height difference requirements of the process and equipment to form a three-dimensional conveying line, which is convenient for connection with the production process and equipment.
3. Diversified functions: It has multiple forms of conveying and storing articles such as gravity, power, and collection. The turning, turning and lifting of articles can be completed on the conveying line to meet the requirements of the process flow.
Disadvantages: However, due to the small roller spacing, there are more rollers on the conveying line. When the conveying distance is the same, the equipment investment is higher than other conveying methods.
Principle of roller conveyor
Introduction of roller conveyor transmission mode
1. Unpowered roller conveyor
There is no driving device, and the rollers rotate in a passive state, and the objects move by manpower, gravity or external pushing and pulling devices. According to the layout, there are two types: horizontal and inclined
A. Horizontal layout: Relying on human power or external pushing and pulling devices to move items. Human driving is used in occasions where the weight of the article is small, the conveying distance is short, and the work is not frequent. External push-pull can use chain traction, belt traction, and hydraulic pneumatic device push-pull methods, which can move items at required speeds, which is convenient for controlling the running state, and can also achieve functions such as stepping and accumulation when needed. It is used for heavy items and conveying Long distance and frequent work occasions.
B. Inclined arrangement: Relying on the gravity of the articles for transportation, simple structure, economical and practical, but it is not easy to control the operation state of the articles, collisions between articles are easy to occur, and it is not suitable to convey fragile articles. It is suitable for short-distance transportation between processes and the transportation of gravity high-bay warehouses.
2. Power roller conveyor
It has a driving device and the roller rotates in an active state, which can strictly control the running state of the article, and convey the article accurately, smoothly and reliably at the specified speed, which is convenient to realize the automatic control of the conveying process. According to the transmission mode, there are three types: chain transmission, belt transmission and gear transmission.
A. Chain drive: large carrying capacity, good versatility, convenient layout, strong adaptability to the environment, can work in places where oil, water and high temperature are often exposed, and is a commonly used power roller conveyor. But the chain is easy to wear when working in a dusty environment, and the noise is louder when running at high speed. Divided into single chain transmission and double chain transmission
1) The single-chain transmission structure is compactly arranged, suitable for light load, low speed, and continuous operation.
2) Double-chain transmission is suitable for occasions with heavy load, high speed, and frequent starting and braking.
B. Belt drive: stable operation, low noise, low environmental pollution, high-speed operation is allowed, but not suitable for working in oily places. The belt drive is divided into flat belt drive, V-belt drive and O-belt drive. The flat belt drive has the largest bearing capacity, followed by the V-belt drive, and the O-belt drive is the smallest. Both V-belt and O-belt drives can be used in the arc section of roller conveyors. The O-belt transmission arrangement is the most flexible.
C. Gear transmission: large carrying capacity, high transmission accuracy, long service life and strong adaptability to the environment. It is suitable for occasions with heavy load, high motion accuracy requirements, frequent starting and braking, and frequent reversal.
11F HUZHOU BAISHENG INTERNATIONAL BUILDING., HUZHOU, ZHEJIANG, CHINA